Replaced warn out rear window release button and now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its rattles like crazy.
I slam it, close it gently doesn't matter. It rattles.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Could it be the weather stripping or what?

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure its the rear glass? I read something about a rear trim piece, maybe driver side rear window, rattling?
If not that does the glass look as if it’s sitting flush (lined up) with hatch? Maybe theres some adjusment on the catch on the hatch?

Edit* Maybe i read your post wrong... is the release button that rattles or glass?

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I press on the glass to recreate the rattle, it sounds like its the glass.
But, I can definitely check the button to. I know it was a bear to get it hooked up, might've come lose.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure its the rear glass? I read something about a rear trim piece, maybe driver side rear window, rattling?
If not that does the glass look as if it’s sitting flush (lined up) with hatch? Maybe theres some adjusment on the catch on the hatch?

Edit* Maybe i read your post wrong... is the release button that rattles or glass?

After a month or so of trying to figure it out. I found a sea shell that my daughter found, she put it in the back passenger side wheel well compartment. Removed it and the noise went away. Or so I thought. It started back up AGAIN.
Low and behold, I lifted the window and was trying to figure it. The trim piece on the tailgate drivers side has popped lose and is hitting the window.
I thought I had looked over all the trim pieces after you had mentioned it but, I missed this one.
Now I need to figure out how to secure it. One of the plastic pieces that secures it is broken and there seems to be something holding it off, so it wont stay.
At least now I know what it is :)
Still drives me nuts though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks