Replaced strusts, still have a vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dino615

Reaction score
Good morning,
So my front struts were definitely worn out. I had a really bad vibration if I went above 75mph, and just randomly and especially going up hills the shocks would just vibrate. Plus it rode like a stagecoach. I replace them and the ride is 100% better and no more high speed vibration. I do however get the low speed vibration at random times. My question: is there a module or sensors that controls the struts that could have an issue? I want to make sure there is no underlying issue I do not know of before I get the struts replaced as shipped defective.

Thank you,
Dean

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had the transmission flushed with the new updated fluid? Your stating of random vibrations not above 75 might lead to TCC slip/grabbing due to the wrong fluid in the 8 speed.

Otherwise I'd look at tires and possibly the rear driveshaft out of balance

OP
OP
D

Dino615

Reaction score
So it's not a constant vibration and happens at different speeds. I had the tires balanced after putting on the new struts and it rides super smooth at all speeds now with the new struts. The issue that I am having is similar to with the old struts. It's not a constant vibration, but more of a flutter. It does not feel like it's in the trans at all. It totally feels like feedback from from front end. it happens more on hills than anywhere else, but will happen on flat terrain.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Where do you feel the vibes? Steering wheel? Floorboard? Seat of pants? Accel? Decel?

OP
OP
D

Dino615

Reaction score
Where do you feel the vibes? Steering wheel? Floorboard? Seat of pants? Accel? Decel?
Steering wheel, coming from the front end. Usually under acceleration, more going up hills that anything but on flat ground if it's not smooth pavement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar