Replaced air-ride with shocks..threw all kinds of codes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jetstar88

Reaction score
I few weeks ago, I installed a complete Belltech kit on my 07 Suburban LTZ. The only thing I didnt install were the rear shocks that came with the kit, as opposed to leaving the stock air-ride on. Well, today, I did, and I have more lights and codes than I've ever seen!

I unplugged the air connections and electronic sensor at the air-shock. The codes are, (aside from service supsension system) are Service ABS, Stabilitrac, and Traction Control.

The ABS light and Traction Control light are also displayed.

I didnt realize the air / electronic shock had such an important role.

Any thoughts??

Clay

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You can always also install resisitors in the wiring for the shocks and get rid of the codes, Max did that on his 5/5 dropped Denali for around $30 worst case scenario.
Also for the service ABS lights, are you sure you didn't break or forget to reconnect the ABS sensors behind the rear wheel liners back to the frame?
BTW, do you have an 07-up?

OP
OP
jetstar88

jetstar88

Reaction score
You can always also install resisitors in the wiring for the shocks and get rid of the codes, Max did that on his 5/5 dropped Denali for around $30 worst case scenario.
Also for the service ABS lights, are you sure you didn't break or forget to reconnect the ABS sensors behind the rear wheel liners back to the frame?
BTW, do you have an 07-up?

I was hoping you'd chime in, Nnaboy. Yes, I read about doing the resistors, especailly in the front with the new BellTech struts, but just havent yet. Regarding the rear, (a month ago when I put in drop spindles and struts) I also installed the rear springs but retained the stock air ride. At that time, the only codes were "Service Suspension System". Today, I simply installed new rear shocks, which did not require diconnecting any ABS Sensors. I just crawled under the Burb, removed the air-shocks,and put in the BellTech shocks. Again, all I disconnected were the air lines, and the electrical connectors to the air shocks, but that's it.

Now I get codes for ABS, Stabilitrac, Traction Control, as well as the aforementioned idiot lights for Traction Control and ABS.

Yes, it is a 2007 Suburban LTZ

Last edited:
OP
OP
jetstar88

jetstar88

Reaction score
I think the ABS sensors on the frame were not reconnected or broken while you lowered or raised the axle to install, you should go and try to see if it was not reconnected, if not, then reconnect it and see the results.
Check this link for help, http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/articles.asp?page=tenarticle&aid=3248

I'll check that, but that doesnt seem likely. I installed the entire kit including the rear springs a month ago and everything worked fine. When I switched out the air-shocks for the Belltech shocks yesterday, I didnt have to raise or lower the axle, and therefore did not have to disconnect any sensors, other thatn those connected to the shocks themselves.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh ok, now I don't know what to say it is, these Tahoes are fund of throwing wrong confused codes at times.
How I know is that when I was programming my new chipped keys, it came up with an error that said "Service security system" which is possible if not done completely right but will go away when done proper like it did for me.
But to the point, it also cam up witha random "Servce airbag system" which is not tied to the key or security at all,so basically, the service ride control could have falsely triggered the other lights you have?

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably have all of those lights cause all of those systems are tied together. Autoride is even tied into the tow haul mode.