Removing the Extra Battery Tray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blanch44

Reaction score
'15 Tahoe . I would like to remove the extra battery tray to easily install new LED turn signal bulbs . Plus I lost one under the tray and would like to retrieve it !!! I've taken all screws out and can move it but can't get it out . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
'15 Tahoe . I would like to remove the extra battery tray to easily install new LED turn signal bulbs . Plus I lost one under the tray and would like to retrieve it !!! I've taken all screws out and can move it but can't get it out . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Pics of whta you are seeing that is causing problems.

OldDriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My windshield washer pump failed. It requires the removal of the extra battery tray. Was hoping someone would have answered your question. So, after making my own repairs, I am adding a response so others may have an answer.
Three bolts hold the fuss box. That big black thing with a cover. One bolt is removed during the tray removal. Additionally remove one additional bolt from fuss box at the front. And, ONLY loosen a lot (DO NOT REMOVE) the one bolt at the back of the buss box next to the firewall.
With the fuss box loose, lift the battery tray and front of fuss box. The tab on the battery tray will just clear the fuss box mount.
Hope this post helps others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz