Removing SSV Center Console/Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shoop

Reaction score
Please anyone know how I can go about removing the SSV center console and associated wiring. The last image is inside the console looking to the front.

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

OP
OP
S

shoop

Reaction score
Just an update I got the center console dismantled. All it was held together by screws along sides.

I’m left with a mess of wires that seem to run up under dash. Does anyone know how I can go about getting to other end of wires?

Attachments

• 38B9E355-8DAE-40D1-A639-A9E4F8CE3C7D.jpeg
    38B9E355-8DAE-40D1-A639-A9E4F8CE3C7D.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update I got the center console dismantled. All it was held together by screws along sides.

I’m left with a mess of wires that seem to run up under dash. Does anyone know how I can go about getting to other end of wires?
If you have a Volt meter or DVOM or test light I would check what wires are live and what are dead. I would follow each wire to the dash if you cant trace it anymore I would cut it and cap the end (Closed End Crimp Caps).

I had to pull most of my interior to trace all the wires - Radio, ac controls, glove box, kick panels, A/B/C pillars, back trim and etc. lucky 75% of all the panels are held in with clips.

Also Each wire you Cut or remove Start the SUV to check if you cut a main wire or etc.

Also I would take advantage of all the extra wiring in the console add on a fuse block to wire up other things IE radios, chargers, and etc.

OP
OP
S

shoop

Reaction score
Center console check Craiglist, offerup, and car-par.com Facebook market place. search tahoe, yukon, silverado (2007 was a in-between year 2008 to 2014ish), sierra (2007 was a in-between year 2008 to2014ish), avalanche (2007 to 2014 only) Escalade center console will fit but you have to swap everything dash display and vents climate controls (wiring involved and radio (Reprogramed to your vin number to work and maybe wiring).
By in-between years some are on the GMT800 you can tell by the front end and dash.
Check the Wiki for GMT900 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMT900

I thought I would repost this here since good info. My question please is are there more specifics other than year of these models? I've seen a couple youtube videos where this happens, the dash has a gap at the end, not flush with vehicle. Here is an example apparently the issue is this LT Silverado owner bought a LTZ console: 5:18 mark

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I would repost this here since good info. My question please is are there more specifics other than year of these models? I've seen a couple youtube videos where this happens, the dash has a gap at the end, not flush with vehicle. Here is an example apparently the issue is this LT Silverado owner bought a LTZ console: 5:18 mark
You found one of my old post, it is a direct fit our center dash sticks out more then the truck model see attached photo it is more common for a Jump seat then a full console in a truck and a SUV (attacked both consoles), you will need to cut the airbag cover a little sometimes they bolt in fine some you need a little trimming. Make sure you take the airbag cover off before cutting.

Post I have found that would be helpful
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/sooooooo-i-bought-a-ppv.92147/page-5#post-1109461

Lets say you find a Tan console I use Dupli-Color HVP106 Vinyl and Fabric Coating Spray Paint - Flat Black worked great for restoring plastic and dose not scrape off very easy make sure to follow the directions.

Attachments

• tahoe dash.jpg
    tahoe dash.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Silver dash.jpg
    Silver dash.jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 8
  • tahoe.jpg
    tahoe.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 8
  • silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
S

shoop

Reaction score
If you have a Volt meter or DVOM or test light I would check what wires are live and what are dead.
I have a harbor freight multimeter but never used one before. Any advice on how I go about doing this?

OP
OP
S

shoop

Reaction score
Thanks but I only see one terminal for each of these wires. If I just put one test probe on the terminal will any value, if it is measuring volts, indicate the wire is live?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter