Removing possible old dog urine stain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caligirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So ya this is kind of gross, but the detailer removed the seat covers on a new to me 2007 Tahoe and the seats looked really good, but there was a stain on the second seat that the detailer said looked like a possible old dog urine stain and the more that he steam-cleaned it, the more it came out to the surface. He got most of it out but there is still a pretty large brown crescent mark that you can see and a hazy light brown area.

The person who owned this hadn't driven it for a while, then went to his daughter after he passed and then to us. The fact that they never removed the covers and cleaned it indicates to me that it must not have smelled or they're used to dog smell. Point is, don't know how long it's been there, probably at least a couple years and don't know if it smells. (I have post-Covid long haul symptoms and can't smell bad things right now and I used to have a super sniffer.)

Not only is there this gross stain to look at in the otherwise pretty spotless upholstery, but if I get my sense of smell back and IF it smells at all like dog or dog urine I won't be able to hang with it.

My need is this: is there a good cleanser they can get out most of old stains and something that can not just cover, but remove the smell if it crops up in the heat of the summer?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Watch the Detail Geek on YouTube. He shares all the products he uses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter