Removed 3rd row seats.. what to do with brackets now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isenegger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't know where to start but I removed the 3rd row seats in my 2010 tahoe for more room. I don't really need them. Now my question is what are some ideas to address the ugly and unneeded brackets on the floor. Can I remove them and put the bolts back in, and cover with some type of liner like weathertech? What have some of yall done. Any ideas? Thanks!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did nothing, except to place a heavy duty mat across the entire space freed up by the 3rd row seat removal. Actually, the mat goes all the way to the front, as I have the 2nd row seats folded up 99% of the time.

ccole

Reaction score
I completely removed all the 3rd row brackets then sound deadened that entire area. I used a couple layers to flatten out the pockets where the brackets mounted then stopped by the upholstery shop and purchased a couple yards for their best black automotive carpet. It was surprisingly easy and came out well! The wife and I have laid back there a couple times having a glass of wine at the lake.

BooBoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't know where to start but I removed the 3rd row seats in my 2010 tahoe for more room. I don't really need them. Now my question is what are some ideas to address the ugly and unneeded brackets on the floor. Can I remove them and put the bolts back in, and cover with some type of liner like weathertech? What have some of yall done. Any ideas? Thanks!
I bought a WeatherTech cargo area mat to not only protect the whole area, but also cover the brackets. They came with a ****** area to go over the brackets because that area isn't level with the rest of the floor; apparently you can cut those sections out if you wanted to still use 3rd row seats AND have the floor liner in place.

It works great and all, but in hindsight, it was probably a waste of money. I could have used a carpet remnant or whatever just as well.

RedInCo

Reaction score
I pulled the third row seats from my 2010 Yukon as soon as I bought it (in 2013). I put in a plush carpet remnant and it has been fine for my purposes. We travel months at a time with a travel trailer, and keep some tools back there plus camping stuff: folding chairs and table, solar panel, water softener, ladder.... One thing I have done it to cut a slit in the carpet near one seat bracket. I have a heavy wire that runs between two brackets, with a ring on it. I pull the ring through the slit, and then use that as a tie down point.

I am seriously considering getting a new Yukon. I understand these have non-removable third row seats. But I own some wrenches, so the seats won't last long. But I don't know what it will take to trim out the floor afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645