Remove roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to run with an Escalade rack fully PTM and removed the cross rails, stored them in my garage so if I need to use it it’s easy to slide those on. The rack looks more like part of the roof, an accent, as opposed to looking like a roof rack. It blends in. C2B54903-7A3E-499F-A99F-A41C75F605E5.jpeg

M123

Viking
Reaction score
@Rocket Man

That look are for sure more modern and are more with the cars line's. All other rails/racks looks so 80's with the satin black surface. :)

I do wonder how the original would blend in with a color match?

Anyway your mod do look amazing. :)

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Looks good on your car. :) Strange that it do look better on some cars and not on others.
Maybe it's the black moldings on mine that makes it look odd.
Anyway great upgrade. :)

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to run with an Escalade rack fully PTM and removed the cross rails, stored them in my garage so if I need to use it it’s easy to slide those on. The rack looks more like part of the roof, an accent, as opposed to looking like a roof rack. It blends in. View attachment 245532
I have seen hundreds of these trucks on the road and never seen anybody use the rack.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen hundreds of these trucks on the road and never seen anybody use the rack.
Just because you haven’t seen it doesn’t mean anything. I used mine a few times when I was camping, to tie some stuff up top that didn’t fit inside with 4 people and all our gear. Some people put cargo carriers up there and need a roof rack to attach them to. I have seen quite a few use them in my neck of the woods. Maybe people in Oregon need to haul more stuff because we go camping a lot, IDK. I look the look of the Esky rails on it anyway. But believe it or not, people do actually use roof racks.

400K_or_bust

Reaction score
Took mine off shortly after buying the rig last Januray. Put in some teflon wrapped set screws along with some silicone and then used some black rustoleum to touch up the metal "knobs" that remain. I honestly don't have any idea where the rack is. Probably in my shed out back. Couldn't tell you. FWIW it will never go back on again.

Denali after molding removal.JPG

OP
OP
Antdogbmx

Antdogbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks M123- my next step is get rid of those rear "vents" and get the solid ones for the truck- and try and find someone to weld the patch panel in I need done - oh black wheels as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz