Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dfosness

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem when you use the remote start after the first ten min the alarm goes off? 2015 LTZ. The dealer cant figure it out

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I've been remote starting it just about every time I start the hoe since taking it home from the dealership over a year ago. I've run it several times to 10 minutes and all it does is just shuts off. For some reason, that seems to be triggering your alarm.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your doors should have to be locked before it will start. It that's the case, I'd start with the alarm module.

What have they tried so far?

I would have someone sit in the vehicle for the time while it's running. Once it shuts down, maybe you can notice if it thinks a door/hood/rear hatch is opened. Maybe also a voltmeter on the battery to see what the voltage is while this is going on.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive had that problem before with a aftermarket alarm, whenever my dumb ass left a interior light on, the 10 or 15 min timer would kick in, the light would shut off and the alarm would detect a voltage change and trigger the alarm. I would assume it is a similar issue especially if it is consistently the same.

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy is the foreman at GMC dealership and he's never heard of anything like this.

OP
OP
D

Dfosness

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can shut the alarm off by pushing the unlock button and then it says theft attempted. the dealer ship replaced some sensor and that didn't work.[/QUOTE]

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a factory or aftermarket remote starter?
If is an aftermarket starter
Your bypass might need to get reset.

Screenshot_20171215-171415.jpg

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So thats means it impossible that it happens. You hear that OP, @Dfosness ..... its never been heard of, ******** says so dammit...

You misunderstood. I can now see why.

My best friend sees 1000s of cars a year and unlike most mechanics that give you the "I've never seen that before" he straight up tells me is there's any report in the TSBs, if there anything like this popping up on their tech talk engineers private forum, of he's heard of anything like it, EVEN WHEN GM HAS A DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS ISSUE warning to the the techs. He takes the time to really really research it.

I get a real answer. So I had him research it. To see if we can get you a real answer.

Now I'm kinda sorry I wasted his time

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24