Remote start question?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at adding a remote starter to my 2000 Yukon. What is the best/ easiest set-up for that? I just want remote start and lock/unlock functions on 1 key FOB. Suggestions.....

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ask around local shops. Many nowdays are like $180-$240 installed....for basic operation. And for sure in your area as cold as it gets, call around and see what specials dealers are running.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am going to respectfully disagree with blue flamed, i would say they are around $200-250, you're looking at $400+ with remote start

kms_dude

Reaction score
it actually all depends on area and how many people do it. around here remote start with keyless entry is around 250 installed. but we also have 25 tint/alarm places

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
my shop does that truck for $390.00. fully loaded w/keyless /arm/disarm of factory alarm/panic/antigrind/2 remotes/1000 ft range/lifetime war. there is a fair bit of competition around. we are not the cheapest but we still do a ton of starters based on excellent customer service. point is cheapest is def not always the best.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am going to respectfully disagree with blue flamed, i would say they are around $200-250, you're looking at $400+ with remote start
depends on features and where you live, maybe in CA they are high, you get In our area, or north to Ohio, NY,IL, you can get them much cheaper.

OP
OP
B

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news.... my wife got me the new Viper SmartStart for my birthday. Looks pretty sweet. The only negative reviews I've seen is the inability to start the truck in underground parking garages. One more good reason to live in Florida. Install is set for Mon. So we'll see. I'll let you guys know how it works. Also meant I had to get a IPhone.... not sure about that purchase yet. Anyone got a cool way of mounting a I Phone in our trucks..... looking for something a little different than just a cord.

str8wkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
around here you looking around 259 for start and locks with alarm your looking at around 320 and for a 2 way system can be from 400 to about 700 (viper hd) that includes the passlock modual for that auto. lifetime warr also

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123