Remote/Keyless Entry Again - Pairs with Launch Scanner, no response from door locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

budget76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Getting REALLY tired of not having a way to unlock the doors except the drivers key. Have read a bunch of threads with no answer. What am I missing here?

Key fob is original to the truck. Worked when I bought it, then stopped working one day. New battery did not make it work. Pairing with the key method does not work.

Tried using a Launch OBD2 scanner (bi-directional, does most things Tech2 does) today to pair. I can see it successfully talk and pair with the truck in the scanner, but the remote doesn't actually control the locks afterwards.

any ideas on what to try or what component is dead? If the remote module wasn't working or fuse was blown, I would think it would fail the scanner pairing process

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting REALLY tired of not having a way to unlock the doors except the drivers key. Have read a bunch of threads with no answer. What am I missing here?

Key fob is original to the truck. Worked when I bought it, then stopped working one day. New battery did not make it work. Pairing with the key method does not work.

Tried using a Launch OBD2 scanner (bi-directional, does most things Tech2 does) today to pair. I can see it successfully talk and pair with the truck in the scanner, but the remote doesn't actually control the locks afterwards.

any ideas on what to try or what component is dead? If the remote module wasn't working or fuse was blown, I would think it would fail the scanner pairing process
probably bad fob, a replacement is one is cheap depending where you shop

OP
OP
B

budget76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks guys, might as well give a new FOB a try. too bad the escalade in the driveway has the older version

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, and if that works, you could go a little spendy on a retro-fit of newer style. i've got several of both and they work great.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, and if that works, you could go a little spendy on a retro-fit of newer style. i've got several of both and they work great.

I bought the charger mat for my center console. Boost makes legit products! Would love to get their fobs someday. Unfortunately, I have other things ahead of that. But I can vouch for product quality.

Just00Jake

Reaction score

Just a shot in the dark but usually the receiver for the fob is in the passengers door I've heard. Is it possible that the battery might just be strong enough to get a signal received when you pair it because your in the car and the signal not going through metal? Try standing outside your passengers door. Either that or your receiver in the passengers door might be bad. Might have a brittle sure that's barely making a connection or like on my 2005 Tahoe it started only working when I was close then had to be next to it then just stopped working. I had a buddy replace it but it can't be that hard. YouTube maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC