Recommendations for headers for 2009 chevy tahoe 5.3 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_SSV

Reaction score
Hi..I'm looking for suggestions on headers for my Tahoe. I prefer to hear from someone who has them or has done an install. Not looking for a big debate or drama..I just want to know what brand, part # or where to purchase.?.thank you

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have American Racing headers on my 09 6.2 Tahoe, they are longtubes and fit perfectly. Even the plug wires stay in the stock locations and no modifications of any sort were necessary. I love them

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have American Racing headers on my 09 6.2 Tahoe, they are longtubes and fit perfectly. Even the plug wires stay in the stock locations and no modifications of any sort were necessary. I love them

Can you confirm if your 6.2 headers are the same as 5.3 headers? I seem to remember that the stock 6.2 and 5.3 manifolds are identical.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I have Summit Racing shortie headers. I went with shorties for these reasons: 1. Clearance and fit for the headers I bought are similar to stock exhaust manifold. 2. I wanted to retain cats; which I was told can be a challenge with some longtubes. 3. In some states longubes are illegal. Shorties admittedly do not increase HP and torque as well as longtubes. But when we dynoed the engine it produced hp and torque numbers consistent with the numbers GM performance posts for this engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts