Recall N212339110 - Airbag Light May Not Indicate Malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

100cars

Reaction score
This just came out. Anybody know how to do an over the air update without having to go to dealer? It seems as if that may be possible.

Jeremie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't tried it OTA yet. Seeing a few people's issues about being stranded makes me worried for it!

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine asked me several times on the display to allow an OTA update for that. To get it to work I had to leave it sitting outside the garage for an hour or so. The infotainment screen gave the choice to approve or cancel. Guess it worked ok, as I've had no further messages.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine prompted me for the update and even allowed me to schedule it overnight. Had no issues with the update.

Thunder22

Reaction score
The last OTA update killed the battery on my '21 Tahoe 2x. Not doing it again. I took it to the dealer and they applied it.

OP
OP

100cars

Reaction score
My local dealer told me this recall cannot be completed OTA. So you folks are saying you were able to do this recall without dealer intervention?

ArcticF5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So far my Suburban hasn't prompted me for the update, but the app did tell me that I have the recall. I guess maybe there's a phased rollout for OTA?

Sinewave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer did airbag and radio update during oil change. No biggie

AllenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon and have never been prompted for anything. I did go through and manually checked for updates and there are none available. I even chatted with GM to make sure that I had accepted all of the necessary terms and conditions and they confirmed that I had. The letter indicates that it is available OTA and so did the GM person I chatted with but I can’t seem to even force it to find an update. They suggested I connect it to WiFi, which I did, but I also pay the monthly fee for internet access. When I took it to the dealer for an oil change before we left in our 20 hour drive, they told me they didn’t have time to do it so it must not be very important. Would love to hear more from people who have successfully applied it change OTA. I called OnStar and they couldn’t help either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia