Rearend problem???Maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELOOSECANNON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 04 Tahoe Z71 and I'm having an odd problem. When I make a left turn at a redlight, especially when it rains, the tires spin and it goes sideways. Also the right rear tire is worn twice as much as the left. I don't have a clue, but it's kinda dangerous in the rain, and I need to get it fixed before winter. Thanks.

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stop flooring it when you turn! right tire is worn because it does not have an lsd so it spins more and wears out faster. when you turn left the rearend locks like it is an lsd and whips around :)

OP
OP
E

ELOOSECANNON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does that mean something is worn out or broken? When it comes to diffs I don't have a clue. If it doesn't have an lsd then what does it have? A posi?

wmgood64

BILL
Reaction score
if something was broke in the rearend it seems like it would bind up when turning on dry roads? Does it do anything different in the dry???

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Rebuild the stock limited slip or buy a new unit all together. Detroit trutrac is a much stronger unit and will dramatically increase traction in any condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts