Rear window defogger re glue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tungsten

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue as the OP. I masked off a larger area on the window so the epoxy would contact the remaining conductor and glued mine back on. Worked perfect. There are videos to watch on the frost fighter website.
Yeah I glued them on off Center as much as I could. Will see what happens. This was more so to just get the wires attached again so they’re not swinging in the mirror. If it works it’s a bonus.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they make universal clips to glue on? Mine are both missing.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frost Fighter is the best. I used that Permatex crap and they fell off a short time later. The FF is still holding years later. They sell the tabs too.

houstontaylor

Reaction score
Mine came off more than once with more than one type of glue. A glass repair place where I took it believes it is from tension from the coiled electrical cords and he likes to stretch them out. However, I finally got a new rear window and the electrical tabs are redesigned for that pull So that it should not be necessary to stretch the chords with that. They have a longer base in the direction of the electrical cord pull.

OP
OP
tungsten

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah probably not a good idea to open the glass door when its really cold they do stretch a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9