Rear Swaybar with 5/7 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low97tahoE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2dr 2wd tahoe with a 5/7 drop using a flip kit in the rear....is it true that i can get a swaybar off of a surburban and make minor modifications for it too fit...i know it will make for less body roll and better cornering, but what are some other benefits? are there any benefits when going straight? less vibration in suspension maybe or what?....and how hard would it be to modify one if i get it from a junkyard?

Last edited:

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Sway bars are only functional in turns/corners. It'd be easier to get an aftermarket sway bar for your application/drop as the end links would already be set for what you're trying to accomplish.

OP
OP
L

Low97tahoE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
but all of the aftermarket ones are for like 2" rear drop, so how can i make it work for a 7" rear drop

718frankb

LOCAL 282 TEAMSTERS
Reaction score
do you get alot of body roll with a 5/7 drop ? i would think your center of gravity is low enough combined with a leaf spring setup that a rear sway bar wouldnt do much. unless you do it for looks -lol

OP
OP
L

Low97tahoE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not much body roll really but it would be great to have none....in corners you can feel how stiff the front is, and how loose the rear is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24

Latest posts