Rear suspension drop question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmoney15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe with a bell tech 2/4 drop. Of course i did the free mod and cut the bump stop mounts off and I have even cut the new bump stops in half. But the rear of the Tahoe always seems to ride rough and hit the stops. I’m running the bell tech sport shocks as well

was thinking about getting some adjustable rear shocks to stiffen the dampening or would air bags in the coils help?
There’s no load inside the cargo area even the third row of seats have been taken out so not weighed down

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe with a bell tech 2/4 drop. Of course i did the free mod and cut the bump stop mounts off and I have even cut the new bump stops in half. But the rear of the Tahoe always seems to ride rough and hit the stops. I’m running the bell tech sport shocks as well

was thinking about getting some adjustable rear shocks to stiffen the dampening or would air bags in the coils help?
There’s no load inside the cargo area even the third row of seats have been taken out so not weighed down

Are you sure it's the axle hitting the frame? Check the cross member just above the panhard mount on the axle side (driver side). You're looking for lines in the cross member where the bracket would hit. You have shock extenders?

OP
OP
G

Gmoney15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I double check on that but I can see reference marks on the frame from the bump stops
I’ll have to look but I’m pretty sure there’s shock extenders. I got the kit from norcal on here and love it

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I double check on that but I can see reference marks on the frame from the bump stops
I’ll have to look but I’m pretty sure there’s shock extenders. I got the kit from norcal on here and love it

Oh, if you got the whole kit then it should be good and you just need to fix whatever's interfering. If you cut the factory bump stop and its bracket off, that should be all you need to do. There are some really thin and flat polyurethane bump stops you can bolt to the frame just in case. I don't have them and it's never hit. What did hit was that ear on the axle side panhard bar mount. HERE: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/page-43#post-1409828

Yes, I flipped the panhard bar over so the grease fitting was on the under side.

I also had to clearance the shock/lower control arm mount on the passenger side cuz the sway bar was hitting it. HERE: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/page-44#post-1413833

LowBurb13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have that rear kit on my Suburban and I even cut the right spring a little to level the lean and I get zero contact anywhere. I have even driven it with 4 people and luggage with no problems.

OP
OP
G

Gmoney15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome I’ll check those clearances out and make sure it’s not hitting. Just always feels like the rear is riding rough and hits hard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st