Rear speaker volume very low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have OEM speakers that put out very little volume on default settings (Fader set at center point)?

My 23 Suburban premiere rear speakers are almost inaudible unless I turn the volume up pretty high or else put the fader almost all the way to the rear (all the way to the rear turns off the front sub). My kids are always asking me to turn the volume up for music or audiobooks. With the fade point set to the back, I then have to pump the volume up to get to normal listening levels in the front and have "full-car" sound.

Is this everyone else's experience?

Hoping it's just my speakers aren't wired correctly and need to be fixed rather than a poorly-designed system.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2022 rear/center (not first row) speakers give lots of nice, rich sound.
But, I have a different audio system than you do in your Suburban Premier...Denali has the 14 speaker setup.

OP
OP
navyseal334

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this. - 23 Suburban premiere. I had dealership look at rear speakers (back near the hatch) due to almost no noise coming out of them. He indicated they're tweeters and that they're not designed to produce a lot.

Does anyone else encounter this in a non-Denali/Esc vehicle?

If this is the case, the system is extremely disappointing. Fading sound to the back means the only real noise (below high frequency) comes out of passenger door foot well speakers, requiring that sound travel from the feet area up and over the middle bench to fill the back half of the vehicle. The only way to do this is to pump the volume at which point the sound is also hitting the front seat, eliminating the purpose of the fader.

My base model 2008 honda accord has equivalent sound positioning capabilities :mad:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That just doesn't seem right. I'd recommend going back to the dealer and requesting a 'listen' to a similar truck model on the showroom floor.

Pertzbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer is incorrect. It's a 2 1/2inch midrange speaker. You can try going to crutchfield and switching them out with something that would fit. I imagine it's in the amp design/settings that cant be messed with unless you go to an external amp. Might be worth taking to a car audio place for a more educated guess.