Rear Seat Swap Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightFallInc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can’t seem to locate a definitive answer to this question anywhere; maybe you can help me.

I have a 2005 Tahoe, with a 60/40 split bench seat in the second row.

I have bucket seats / captain’s chairs in the third row, which are completely removable.

I don’t use them, because I prefer the extra cargo space to the seating capacity.

Here’s my question: Is it possible to swap the 2nd row bench seat with the (currently unused) 3rd row bucket seats?

Will they bolt in, or is the fact that they’re the completely-removable-without-tools variety a problem?

My kids are now at an age where I would greatly prefer a bit of space between them, and maybe a floor console with USB power ports.

Thanks in advance for your help!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t seem to locate a definitive answer to this question anywhere; maybe you can help me.

I have a 2005 Tahoe, with a 60/40 split bench seat in the second row.

I have bucket seats / captain’s chairs in the third row, which are completely removable.

I don’t use them, because I prefer the extra cargo space to the seating capacity.

Here’s my question: Is it possible to swap the 2nd row bench seat with the (currently unused) 3rd row bucket seats?

Will they bolt in, or is the fact that they’re the completely-removable-without-tools variety a problem?

My kids are now at an age where I would greatly prefer a bit of space between them, and maybe a floor console with USB power ports.

Thanks in advance for your help!
I do not think this would be an easy swap.

If I am not mistaken, the 3rd row floor is at a higher level than the 2nd row so that will complicate things right off the bat.
You would have to seriously modify the mounting of the seats or the floor to get them to be safe.
Your best bet would be to look for some used bucket seats for your vehicle.

GP_TEK_2020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of the third row captains? Never seen those. I have 2nd row caps but they are definitely not removable. Now I am curious how 2nd and 3rd row caps would look like!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of the third row captains? Never seen those. I have 2nd row caps but they are definitely not removable. Now I am curious how 2nd and 3rd row caps would look like!
Hes using captains as a general word for separate . There are no ‘captain’ 3rd row seats just 2 separate seats. 07-08 models had a 2 seat 3rd row with arm rests instead of the middle seat in the 3rd row but nothing like that in 00-06 trucks asfaik plus this thread is a few months old so op is probably gone by now. Sorry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63