Rear Seat Fold Down Problem...HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rudder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok guys, I am currently looking to install a seb box underneath the rear seats of my 1999 4DR Hoe, and as I was lifting the seats up to take a look underneath, the driver's side rear seat (the bigger one) would not release. I could pull the latch, but it would not release and I could not pull the bottom portion of the seat up and forward.
I am guessing that the cable is broken...?
Anyone have any ideas on the easiest way to fix it?
Should I do it myself or just take it in to a dealer/shop to deal with it?

Thanks for the input,

Cheers

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
can you see that the cable is broken? If so is there enough hanging out to grab with pliers...or you could always just unbolt it and pull it out and go from there

OP
OP
R

Rudder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't see that its broken, I am just guessing it is since the seat won't release.
Would there be another reason that it wouldn't release?

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
does it feel like there is tension on the release? maybe pull a little harder..the release leaver that is..haha..mine sticks so I have to put a little umph into it

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Tear those damn seats out, tell the bitches to ride on the roof rack.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you feel any weight on the cable? if anything you can just unbolt the seats during the install

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, my cable is broken too. gotta figure a fix. i'll work it out though, low on the priority list.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

if the cable's frayed, it may be catching on the foam. like was mentioned earler, just pull harder. may free up for ya

OP
OP
R

Rudder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, it still feels like there is tension on the cable, but I reefed on 'er pretty hard, and nothing moved.

I guess I will take my wheaties in the morning and really give it a good pull....hopefully she comes free for me.

Thanks guys

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol i accidentally ripped out the cable last weekend trying to get mine to fold down
it just kept coming out until *doink* it just snapped
i think i'll try replacing it with something a bit stronger... like a short length of chain - then there's no way it'll ever snap again!

OP
OP
R

Rudder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tried pulling as hard as I could and nothing....didn't even get it to break (which probably would have been more satisfying then having nothing happen at all)
Still have no idea what I should do....starting to get rather annoying I must say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645