Rear seat entertainment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It wasn't really a requirement for us, but now that I see it includes wireless headphones and the ability to play FM/XM radio I think it will be useful. Our daughter also likes to stream on her iPhone. Has anyone found a good way to pump that iPhone video into the rear seat entertainment?

I can't believe they don't have HDMI input yet... Modern devices don't even have an RCA jack option.

Luna1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have the rear entertainment already or looking to purchase something?

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have the rear entertainment package.

Doing some research and might use an RCA to HDMI convertor. Or maybe just tell her to bring her iPad and be done with it. ;-)

Luna1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thinking about doing the same to ours to run Apple TV. Our setup is pretty awesome but it's weird the way it has been wired. I have rca jacks at the control box hidden under the seat. But have an hdmi input on the screen itself! I wish it was the other way around or both hdmi

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could always just remove the DRM on the iTunes video files then load to a USB stick or SD card and play from the rear entertainment system.

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good point... So the system must have a media player to read video files from the SD card? If so, I have plenty of movies I could load for longer trips.

Sundancekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We do this with an HDMI to RCA adaptor cable that converts phone or tablet (or any HDMI device) that you plug into the existing RCA inputs.
We do this with an HDMI to RCA adaptor cable that converts phone or tablet (or any HDMI device) that you plug into the existing RCA inputs.
Is a powered version of this cable still needed or will a non powered HDMI to RCA converter do it? I have one of your powered converters and it works perfect, but just trying to simplify connections. Here's an example from a quick google search: https://www.radioshack.com/products...=20331791493&gclid=CP6xnIaU4dACFZNZhgodKcENQw

adcmobile

Reaction score
Is a powered version of this cable still needed or will a non powered HDMI to RCA converter do it? I have one of your powered converters and it works perfect, but just trying to simplify connections. Here's an example from a quick google search: https://www.radioshack.com/products...=20331791493&gclid=CP6xnIaU4dACFZNZhgodKcENQw
That could work, but we definitely see variations in picture quality between converters - active (powered) D/A converters usually result in much better, brighter output.

Sundancekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That could work, but we definitely see variations in picture quality between converters - active (powered) D/A converters usually result in much better, brighter output.
Got it, Thanks for the reply!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts