Rear Lift Gate Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I noticed my rear glass wasn't sitting properly in my lift gate. So I decided to open it up and noticed the latch was broken off. I looked on the forums and found a couple post about welding the latch back and such things like that. I was wondering how easy it is to just replace the glass itself. I found on Craigslist a guy selling rear glass for $150, so I might just do that if it isn't to much of a hassle.

Any write ups or information is appreciated!:party52:

Pictures below, and please excuse the dirty rear, its been rainy here and I work in a gravel area!

photo3_zps8e035752.jpg

photo1_zps674323ab.jpg

photo2_zps61a8244d.jpg

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Replace it. It looks like potted metal which doesn't weld real well. And if you tried to weld it the heat transfer may shatter your glass.

Frey522

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine did that aswell, go to oriellys autoparts, they have a 3m window adhesive, its the same stuff windshield replacement shops use, take the window off, with the hinge, apply adhesive and put something heavy on it, let dry. then add a generous amount of adhesive over the top to make it very sturdy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24