Rear heat HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
I'm going to do this. I remember back in November I was sitting in the middle row and I heard a noise coming from the rear, it was coming from the ceiling. It sounded mechanical, like it trying to do something. Then it died, like it ran out of juice. haha...

OP
OP
T

triangle12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
rear heat

Rivieraracing- thanks to you, I was able to fix the rear heat today. after lookin at your pics i was able to take off the panel and see that the #2 actuator they put in didn't work. i took it back to them and told them it was bad. after 2hrs of waiting and them trying 2 different actuators, they finally decide to replace the part with an ACDelco brand and it works fine now.
What ticks me off the most is I had to figure out what was wrong. they said yesterday that they checked the actuator and it was working, so the next step was to put in a heater core. Obviously, they didn't check it and all i got today was "we won't charge you for putting in this more expensive part". i'm thinkin "WOW, thats tough to put on after i had taken everything after". Oh, i also had to put everything back together and they broke my window rain guard when they opened the door into the lift.

anyway, thanks again! i owe ya!!!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rivieraracing- thanks to you, I was able to fix the rear heat today. after lookin at your pics i was able to take off the panel and see that the #2 actuator they put in didn't work. i took it back to them and told them it was bad. after 2hrs of waiting and them trying 2 different actuators, they finally decide to replace the part with an ACDelco brand and it works fine now.
What ticks me off the most is I had to figure out what was wrong. they said yesterday that they checked the actuator and it was working, so the next step was to put in a heater core. Obviously, they didn't check it and all i got today was "we won't charge you for putting in this more expensive part". i'm thinkin "WOW, thats tough to put on after i had taken everything after". Oh, i also had to put everything back together and they broke my window rain guard when they opened the door into the lift.

anyway, thanks again! i owe ya!!!

Glad to hear you got it fixed, but if they broke something in the process while fixing it like it should have been fix originally, then I'd be going back and making then fix and make that right!! It's not really hard to figure out what all needs to be taken off to remove that interior panel, just sometimes hard to figure out if something has a hidden screw or that it just needs to be pulled on hard enough!!

I'm going to post up the 3 pages that I scanned and followed out of my Haynes manual, if this is wrong to do on this forum, could a mod please remove them and let me know!! Thanks!!

Attachments

• img171.jpg
    img171.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 16
  • img172.jpg
    img172.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 14
  • img173.jpg
    img173.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 13

Forum statistics

Threads