Rear Entertainment Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have a question about the wiring to the rear entertainment system. Basically what I did was remove the old factory unit and replace it with an aftermarket monitor. I then removed the factory 6 CD changer and fitted an aftermarket dvd drive in its place so I could play movies in the rear, but be able to control it from the front and not have to reach back and feel for buttons lol. When I wired them both, I wired them to the 12v constant and the ground. Neither system had any other wires than a hot and a ground with an inline fuse. The problem is that when I turn the vehicle off, they both still have power. My question is, is there any other wires in the factory harnesses that are hot only with the ignition on? It was near impossible for me to find any wiring diagrams for either plug when I was wiring them up so any help is appreciated!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ok, so I have a question about the wiring to the rear entertainment system. Basically what I did was remove the old factory unit and replace it with an aftermarket monitor. I then removed the factory 6 CD changer and fitted an aftermarket dvd drive in its place so I could play movies in the rear, but be able to control it from the front and not have to reach back and feel for buttons lol. When I wired them both, I wired them to the 12v constant and the ground. Neither system had any other wires than a hot and a ground with an inline fuse. The problem is that when I turn the vehicle off, they both still have power. My question is, is there any other wires in the factory harnesses that are hot only with the ignition on? It was near impossible for me to find any wiring diagrams for either plug when I was wiring them up so any help is appreciated!

Tap into RAP on the bock under the dash.

Screenshot_20180530-142426.png

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! All 3 blocks are basically the same then 1, 2, and 3?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9