Rear Diff cover question.

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by bigb805, Oct 6, 2018.

1. bigb805

bigb805 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Brian
    Okay so not to long ago I noticed my rear diff cover has a couple hairline cracks that are slowly leaking. Being the totally reasonable person I am I feel as though buying a new OEM cover just cant possible suffice :birgits_tiredcoffee. I have my eye on an aftermarket cover (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-141-696 ) But after crawling under the truck I see there isnt a whole lot of space between the Diff cover and the panhard bar.... Has anyone ever installed a similar diff cover and had any problems with it fitting? Thanks for any help everyone!

2. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    looks like you may have to give them a call to find out the exact specs, thickness is not provided anywhere even on the manufacture website

For addition tech support, please call (586)774-2500, Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. EST, or send an email to [email protected]

3. SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    While I can't answer your question, hopefully this could help you shop

tl;dw don't get diff covers with a big square cutout. They need to have curvature on the inside, like the stock one

MCAT069 and Steve Waddington like this.
  4. bigb805

bigb805 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Brian
    Yeah I was scrounging the website hoping to find some details but had no luck so I sent them an email. Hopefully they will get back to me sooner than later. Thanks for the help!

5. 1992rs

1992rs Full Access Member

Name:
    Matt
    Don’t count on it fitting. I have a ta performance diff cover which is the same design. I was told by ta that it’s a guaranteed fit. I had to grind the fins and face down, notch my oe panhard bar and it still wouldn’t fully clear. Ultimately I had to make my own panhard bar to get clearance. There’s maybe 2mm clearance between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigb805 likes this.
  6. bigb805

bigb805 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Brian
    Thanks for the feedback! Proform had gotten back to me yesterday saying the cover was slightly less than 3.5 inches tall and after measuring the distance between the cover and panhard bar (approx 3.5 inches LOL) I decided it was too close for comfort.

1992rs likes this.
  7. randeez

randeez Full Access Member

Name:
    randy