Rear Defroster Ripped Off???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

travrazz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same thing happened to the right side of mine. Luckily under gm certified preowned warr. Just took it in two day's ago. They tried to soldered back on twice and didn't hold at all. Had to order a new glass, but at least should be fixed right for awhile.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just joined the broken defroster club! Barely bumped it while cleaning the back glass. The nerve of me to touch it! :emotions122:

Mines an 07 so no warranty for me either.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread because the same exact thing happened to me. I bought my Tahoe at Carmax and got the warranty through them, so I'm having them look at it on Thursday. Will let you guys know how it goes...

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's still dangling back there. Haven't taken it for a fix yet.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KMeloney,

Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I am more than happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can assist you any further.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the concern is that the wires come loose. Lots of us have experienced it. Make a better connection, that's how you can help.

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. Mine was off when I bought it but had the dealer fix it before I took delivery. Nearly 1/3 of these trucks have them broken off. They just replaced the rear glass for the fix.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed mine dangling today, pass side. Nice, right when I need it after 7 inches of snow and 4 deg temps. Thought about soldering, but read the TSB and they don't recommend soldering cold glass. Mustang in garage and it ain't coming out in the snow, so Yuk is outside.

Permatex makes a epoxy kit just for this repair, apparently they worked with GM to make this kit (Hmmm, common problem). I'm going to pick the epoxy tonight and do the repair.

Also have read to stretch the coiled wire a bit to lessen the tension on the tab. I'll do that for both.

twowheel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Scott, care to let me know how that permatex fix worked out for you?

Looking to do the same to mine but have to find a new spade connector first. Destroyed mine through some high-heat brilliance. (Don't ask) :/

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott, care to let me know how that permatex fix worked out for you?

Looking to do the same to mine but have to find a new spade connector first. Destroyed mine through some high-heat brilliance. (Don't ask) :/

After buying 2 kits and trying to glue it on 3 times I gave up and bought a new piece of back glass from Safelite ($229). Expensive, but I don't like broken things on my truck. The tab just kept popping off with the glue. Even when it was on and I used the kit paint to repaint to get a connection, I was getting off readings with multimeter.

The rear glass is easy to install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn