Rear Brake Dust Shield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmeachem

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Tahoe, and need dust shields but can't tell if it's one or two piece. Any help?

dacd3f33a4397b8829a693edf6531e4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original ones are one piece. The 2-piece ones are direct replacements that are designed in 2 pieces so you don't have to remove the axles to replace them. The original design was stupid because of this reason. I used the Dorman 2-piece ones and they were pretty easy to install. If you buy the 1-piece ones be prepared to spend the whole day installing them!

OP
OP
mmeachem

mmeachem

Reaction score
The original ones are one piece. The 2-piece ones are direct replacements that are designed in 2 pieces so you don't have to remove the axles to replace them. The original design was stupid because of this reason. I used the Dorman 2-piece ones and they were pretty easy to install. If you buy the 1-piece ones be prepared to spend the whole day installing them!
Thanks alot for our help

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. The 2-part design really helped me to be able to do this. You will need a pair of good tin snips to remove the old ones. They come with pretty good instructions, at least if you get the Dorman ones like I did.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second red rocket get the double. Unless you like the jerk in off with sandpaper cause that is the experience you will get.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33