Rear air shocks - don't inflate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kpwweb

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't sit level? Is it supposed to be like that ? I did the 2" drop and mine sits perfectly level.

It did not sit level. I started with a 1-1/2" rake. So when it came down 1-3/4" in back because of 2" drop springs it was (and looked) slightly rear saggy--the front also came up slightly, about 1/8".

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, your hoe looks damn good.

I dont really want to get into a full lowering setup (with the front too), but an inch or inch and a half lower in the back is what I am after. Any kits that do that? Or would it be OK/possible to do the 2" in the back and then adjust the air shocks so they keep it up a half inch or so?

OP
OP
Kpwweb

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I dont really want to get into a full lowering setup (with the front too), but an inch or inch and a half lower in the back is what I am after. Any kits that do that? Or would it be OK/possible to do the 2" in the back and then adjust the air shocks so they keep it up a half inch or so?

You can adjust the air shocks, but then the ride gets stiff/goes all to heck.

You can also do a 2" spring with a 1" spacer. I'm not sure what those results would net? I never did find a 1/2" spacer--I looked quite a bit for one as that is what I was also searching for.

Tony might be able to cook something up for us that can't do a down in the weeds stance, but also don't like the rear all jacked up?

OP
OP
Kpwweb

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And Thank You!

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, I am much more at home at the lifted vehicle spectrum. But, if these springs offer up to a 4" drop, and only a 1" spacer comes with it, how the heck do you get to a 1" drop overall (or even 2")? Using the air shocks?

OP
OP
Kpwweb

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, I am much more at home at the lifted vehicle spectrum. But, if these springs offer up to a 4" drop, and only a 1" spacer comes with it, how the heck do you get to a 1" drop overall (or even 2")? Using the air shocks?

You wouldn't. You would have to use a 2" spring with a 1" spacer. The air shocks couldn't lift that much.

OP
OP
Kpwweb

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm. Well the kit states it a 1-4.5". Fibbers?!

I don't think fibbers. You would have to ask Tony how he gets the range. I think he uses a 3" spring and then a 1" spacer top and bottom... (2 @ 1" each).

But you would have to ask him for sure. He might "arrange" each one depending on what the customer wants?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse