Rear AC lines: anyone build their own hoses?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that there are $350 to $400 kits that have high-pressure hoses with the proper fittings. I go to coldhose.com and see I can basically build the same set for $120 plus the $109 for a Chinese made crimper. Anyone actually do this? I bought mine with the rear AC lines already blocked off. I’m half tempted to flush them, find the leak, replace the expansion valve, filter, and flush the rear evap.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at industrial hose fittings at somewhere like McMaster. Similar to what you are thinking, and you aren't dealing with swages that are a 50/50 venture. I like your thinking though. Maybe a coldhose combination? Show us the results!

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im using hose and fittings from a company called "Burgaflex" its pretty easy to do, uses like PEX style crimp rings x2 per fitting.
i had a little of it made up and ran it for a few weeks and worked fine. i ripped pretty much all of the OEM hoses out at this point and am rerouting them all - worst part is adapting to GMs dumbass "peanut" fittings. i would personally prefer to make a lot of it back up with hardlines but couldnt find an flaring/swaging tool that would make up the correct ends. the prefab diy bend lines with ends already made from somewhere like vintage air just didnt have the ends i needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792

Latest posts