Rear AC blows hot air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe Z26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m new to this site. I recently got a 2006 Tahoe Z71. There are a few things that I would like to post on here to try to get worked out. I will start with this issue first.
The front ac seems to work fine (maybe not REAL cold, but it’s cold) the rear ac is only blowing hot air like the heat is on. Has anyone encountered this problem? What is causing this? What could it be?
I’ve read a few things online but cannot find anyone with the exact same problem and answer to the problem.
Please help.
Thank you

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The front a/c will continue to work if you do not engage the rear a/c. The solenoid will isolate the refrigerant to the lines of the cab.

The rear a/c blows the hot air accumulated in the roof if it doesn’t have any refrigerant in the system. Check out YouTube for some of the DIY others have done to repair the rear a/c. It’ll help you figure out if you want to do the repair or hand it off to a tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne