Rear AC Blowing Hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Seven

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe LT. The rear is blowing hot air even when switched to AC.

I have heard that there is an part that can be replaced on the passenger side in the cargo area. Am I right?

If so, is it just plug and play?

Thanks!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe LT. The rear is blowing hot air even when switched to AC.

I have heard that there is an part that can be replaced on the passenger side in the cargo area. Am I right?

If so, is it just plug and play?

Thanks!
yes you can replace the actuator nearest the blower motor and for the most part it is plug-n-play, you may want to disconnect the battery when finished so that it can self recalibrate

sweetfeathery1095

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had same problem and i replaced the actuator for the blend control and the one that directs the air from the overhead vents or the floor.

On my 2011 it has the behr system and the actuators are on the side next to the body and are hard to reach. There are some videos on youtube that show how to remove the panels. you'll need to take off the air distribution hose/tube and take out the two screws that hold the evap box to the side. I think the screws holding the actuators are T20 Torx and there are three on each actuator. I used a small 1/4 rachet with a t20 socket to take off, but found using a small crescent wrench with a T20 bit worked better for getting the screws back in...took me about 4 hrs and i ordered the parts on amazon for about $20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu