Rear A/C Actuator - The shaft it controls fell inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cajun Jamie

Reaction score
SW Louisiana (originally) and DFW area presently
My rear A/C was only blowing hot, so I removed the actuator that controls the temperature to inspect it. I then manually turned the little plastic shaft that sticks out of the assembly to see if I could manually switch the air to cold. In the process the plastic piece pushed inward and dropped inside the housing. I guess this means I am going to have to open it up and fish it out? Any advice?

I did some more Googling and it looks like I may have a broken blend door? Which position of the door is cold? Up or down? I want to manually install something to set it to cold for the summer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cajun Jamie

Cajun Jamie

Reaction score
SW Louisiana (originally) and DFW area presently
I was able to access the blend door by removing the evaporator from the rear assembly. Sure enough the shaft that attaches to the actuator snapped off the door. I tried to pry open the assembly to attempt to repair the shaft, but could not. So I set the door to the cold position and used a couple pieces of Gorilla tape to hold it in that position. I am good until winter and then can determine what to replace. I think the assembly bolts to the bottom of the chassis and likely can just be replaced as a unit. May do that later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues