Real basic System and Sub ideas..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I've tried NOT to put a stereo into my Tahoe because I usually just go too far (former NACA and IASCA competitor back in the mid 80's).

Here's my situation...

I can't give up any cargo room in the truck.
I can't go under the 2nd row seats as I'm constantly folding them flat.

Where's that leave me room? Door panels, free air mounts. Hmmmm...

What about Kicker 6.5 CVT's in the 2nd row doors? Nice easy bolt in....upgrade the front speakers and the rear roof speakers...bass in the middle.

Or maybe some CVT 8's in the rear barn doors, front loaded into some nicely finished MDF?

Or really maybe.....a CVT 8 or 10 in a reinforced rear side panel, which hides the jack?

Just thinking about getting a little more music in the truck vs. the factory stuff. Nothing crazy...maybe 100 x 2 powering the subs, 50x4 for the doors and rear roof.

Last edited:

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think about this:

C1SYT110D_MED.jpg

http://www.qlogicdirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46_47_132_689&products_id=50

Throw a couple cheap 10's in there, upgrade door speakers and get a nice head unit and that would be a decent system for sure.

OP
OP
TahoeJim

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at them online, including the PDF for mounting instructions and I'm not impressed at all with the cheap plastic and how it goes together. I'd much rather do it myself with MDF and cover it in stretched vinyl or a combination of stretched vinyl and carpet.

I used to load up my late 80's mustang front doors with my custom made MDF panels to house an 8" woofer, 5-1/4" mid and an array of dome and ribbon tweeters.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey Jim,

we have actually made custom door pods and installed the CVT 10's in the doors before. So yes, you could do a CVT in the rear doors, or upfiring 8's under the rear (2nd seat)

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
You could get a Jotto Center Console with a mount and mount it up all the way to the front where the dashboard is, like I did. Which I love! Then put a sub behind the Center console cause you'll have all that room left over.

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
using the empty space in the barn doors looks sweet. i'd seriously consider that.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say build a custom amp rack underneath the seats. I have one in my 4 Dr and I can still fold my seats.

I say upgrade door speakers and put subs where the Jack use to be. Also do 6x9s in the roof.

You seem pretty handy and I'd build a custom center console with a sub call it a day.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got two tens firing downward between the two front seats, with my amp rack underneath. Have three amps mounted on a flat piece of MDF bolted in place of the brackets for the factory center console, the bottom of the box is 4" higher - allows 2 1/2" for amp height, and 1 1/2" for cone excursion.

The front of the box is sloped to follow the angle of the dash, but doesn't tuck against it - I wanted access to the three power ports in the dash, so I've got about 3" clearance. I used (2) 4" port tubes, made cupholders out of them by securing the hole cutouts. Towards the rear, I made a storage area, it holds about 15 CD's, as well as having enough room for a couple notebooks, paperwork, small hand tools, etc.

Here's one link to an earlier thread:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3416&highlight=celestion&page=2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700