Ready to Order : LTZ or DENALI (Which has more issues) Buffetting, knocks, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobbieX210X

Don't Hate! V Eight!
Reaction score
At that point your at the level of which looks better. I don't think the Denali comes in 4x4 where the Tahoe does. That and another difference I've noticed is the Denali has digital gauges in the dash (not including speed and tach) like one big LCD screen where the Tahoe doesn't.

Also remember the Denali is higher on the GM food chain when it comes to options and technology then the LTZ.

Hell I test drove a LT and that had enough gadgets for me. :p

Last edited:

krzyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you you are considering the LTZ, go ahead and get the Denali for a few grand more. Once you drive that 6.2, there is no way in hell you would go back to the 5.3. The 8 speed is wonderful.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

The 4wd issue has been resolved with a recent software update.

I like the 6.2/8 speed in our Yukon, but my daily driver is a Sierra 5.3/6 speed with a tune, both feel pretty similar.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At that point your at the level of which looks better. I don't think the Denali comes in 4x4 where the Tahoe does. :p

This is incorrect. Denali is available with a 2-speed transfer case and 4x4 capability with neutral.

Denali and 6.2L/8-speed is a no brainer. Why have less power when the price difference is negligible in the grand scheme of things?

OP
OP
B

broncophil

Reaction score
i dont know, i'm the OP and i've been reading this forum, as well as the GMTrucks forums..

and though everyone here says that they are all pretty much equal.

it seems to me that the

8 speed, LWB's have the most issues.

the safe bet seems that to go

TAHOE SWB .. Best Bet
TAHOE LWB .. 2nd Best Bet

am I wrong?

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure SWB or LWB makes a difference. I am driving a 2015i Yukon SLT loaner with 400 miles today and it seems terribly under powered compared to my 15 Denali, but many of the issues I am having do not seem to be affecting this vehicle. Has nothing to do w/ 8 speed.

OP
OP
B

broncophil

Reaction score
I am not sure SWB or LWB makes a difference. I am driving a 2015i Yukon SLT loaner with 400 miles today and it seems terribly under powered compared to my 15 Denali, but many of the issues I am having do not seem to be affecting this vehicle. Has nothing to do w/ 8 speed.

So your LWB has issues that your loaner swb does not have?

That's just backing up my point right.

What issues is ur car in the shop for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxandpj