Rattle behind rear headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a semi-loud rattle behind the rear headliner right above the rear window. Does anyone know how to get the headliner off. My daughter sat in the 3rd row seat on the right side and the noise was right above her. We can hear it from the front so it is annoying.

timhbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
check the rear pillar

I had the same issue and thought it was in the headliner/window. it was actually the plastic pillar piece on the back of the vehicle. take the tail light off and get some sealant to place inside the pillar. I used weather stripping and an old pair of sweatpants. sounds funny but it worked!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I had the same issue and thought it was in the headliner/window. it was actually the plastic pillar piece on the back of the vehicle. take the tail light off and get some sealant to place inside the pillar. I used weather stripping and an old pair of sweatpants. sounds funny but it worked!
I was about to say the same. It is more than likely the long plastic piece above the tail lamp called an applique.
Happened to me too. Got it fixed for free at the dealer under warranty.

OP
OP
P

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I'll look at the tail light/rear panel area.

My Denali has 44k on it so the 3 year warranty is over.

OP
OP
P

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found and fixed the problem. Upon removing the rt tail light assy I noticed it was a pain to remove after I took the two screws out.

I looked behind it and the top mount was broken. Finally got it off with some light convincing and reglued the mount back to the assy. Reinstalled, took a drive and didn't hear a thing. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it comes back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemilioflores89