Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made it thru the day, trans and ect stayed good for the most part. On way home ECT climbed up to like 212⁰ was just slow 15-50 stop and go i95 traffic for 40 miles.
Its still a little "clunky" to drive, had a pretty bad vibration at like 80mph, wasn't really drivetrain though if you let off and coast it still did it, then other times it was fine. I tightened the rear shocks way up, they were very soft on like 2 clicks and could also be about wore out. Tires are bead balanced, I'm wondering if the tire starts bouncing the beads try and balance out but the shock just keeps bouncing in a cycle. If I slowed down maybe 10mph and came back up it would ride smooth. Kinda weird

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
back on this turd.

tightened up the rear shocks and seemed to help whole lot with the 70mph+ cruise bouncing. i need to replace them all together and get rid of the lift kit extensions i have fox shock in mind (adjustable) but they kinda espensive so been waiting till im done spending money on everything else.

i think i drove it some more to work since last post. last day before i parked it a week ago it started making some chingy chiny sound when giving it some gas. wasnt sure wtf, sounded exactly like a loose exhaust clamp dancing around on a vband or something, maybe exhaust leak, broken rocker kinda sound. but only happened when giving it gas. only thing i could find was plug wire was a little chewed up/cracked on the boot but no where near plug end, sound couldve been spark jumping to ground i suppose- i replaced it anyway. sound seems to have gone away.

where we at today,

thing just seems sluggish as hell. getting pretty comfortable driving it, nothing broke for a while but i been babying it. probably hasnt seen over 5k rpm in months but its really noticeable when pulling out to pass someone transmission will kick down and it just doesnt really go anywhere, doesnt build boost. have to really step in it downshift again for it to do anything. part of it is prob the high IATs pulling some timing so i added a little more back into it on 93 base table in the 2500-3500rpm range (e85 has quite a bit more timing in it already). the a2a puts a lot more (and smaller) charge pipe in the intake path. and messing around with it today the boost ref for the bov came off, so good chance it wasnt making much boost, threw it back on but still pretty lazy.

i think the final iteration of this is going to go back to the s480 (low max rpm but instant spool), chiller/a2w intercooler (keep iat down), and maf

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of work do you do there bud?
the most hated guys on the job site, engineering :flipthebird:

i work for a small electrical (and instrumentation/control) engineering company, pretty much exclusively government/municipality projects...water/wastewater treatment, water management, everglades resto projects.
this is an "STA" project for water management district, stormwater treatment area which also serves as habitat restoration

this site has 3 pump stations - each has a 2000amp service, pair of 400hp electric pumps, pair of diesel pumps, couple of generators, instrumentation isnt too complex on these, 20k gal diesel fuel storage.

and 11 inflow and outflow gated structures- small 100amp service amp service on each of these, prefab building, pretty simple cookie cutter type stuff

site covers prob 20 sq miles? the rest of the work is civil - building canals, levees, etc

not really sure what my title is anymore, some sort of construction manager? - i run half a dozen guys doing inspections (we are "field engineers" but everyone of my guys is 20+ year union electricians that did this type of work, incredible amount of experience) on these type of structures for drawing and spec compliance, not necessarily code compliance cause our specs are generally more stringent. handle most of the shop drawing review, rfi, change order, etc type work. i still do some autocad and design in my "free time".

and this is 1 of about 5 projects this size we currently have going on at the moment :oops: on top of prob 2 dozen other smaller projects that we also have to cover

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the most hated guys on the job site, engineering :flipthebird:

i work for a small electrical (and instrumentation/control) engineering company, pretty much exclusively government/municipality projects...water/wastewater treatment, water management, everglades resto projects.
this is an "STA" project for water management district, stormwater treatment area which also serves as habitat restoration

this site has 3 pump stations - each has a 2000amp service, pair of 400hp electric pumps, pair of diesel pumps, couple of generators, instrumentation isnt too complex on these, 20k gal diesel fuel storage.

and 11 inflow and outflow gated structures- small 100amp service amp service on each of these, prefab building, pretty simple cookie cutter type stuff

site covers prob 20 sq miles? the rest of the work is civil - building canals, levees, etc

not really sure what my title is anymore, some sort of construction manager? - i run half a dozen guys doing inspections (we are "field engineers" but everyone of my guys is 20+ year union electricians that did this type of work, incredible amount of experience) on these type of structures for drawing and spec compliance, not necessarily code compliance cause our specs are generally more stringent. handle most of the shop drawing review, rfi, change order, etc type work. i still do some autocad and design in my "free time".

and this is 1 of about 5 projects this size we currently have going on at the moment :oops: on top of prob 2 dozen other smaller projects that we also have to cover

098C5955-E1F3-4000-AEA7-D73E3CF28BD3.gif

0B140068-C3D7-4C76-957D-86FD838F5511.jpeg