Radio stays on, dome lights dont turn on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaxPizzaDad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning. I have a 2012 Tahoe LTZ. The interior pull handles were trashed in both driver and passenger sides. I replaced both door panels with panels from a 2010 Avalanche. Window bezels were included and everything works as it should. However, now the truck doesn't recognize when the front doors open. When I torn off the truck the radio stays on and the lights dont go on. Obviously has to do with the panel replacement, but I would like to know how I can fox this issue. Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning. I have a 2012 Tahoe LTZ. The interior pull handles were trashed in both driver and passenger sides. I replaced both door panels with panels from a 2010 Avalanche. Window bezels were included and everything works as it should. However, now the truck doesn't recognize when the front doors open. When I torn off the truck the radio stays on and the lights dont go on. Obviously has to do with the panel replacement, but I would like to know how I can fox this issue. Thanks.
could be a a couple things either you left something unplugged or something is not plugged in correctly or if you also changed the door switches/window controls then it's possible those will need to be re-programmed to your vin. some features go thru the door switch so if the avalanche did not have those features it won't work on the LTZ until it's programmed.

OP
OP
J

JaxPizzaDad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
could be a a couple things either you left something unplugged or something is not plugged in correctly or if you also changed the door switches/window controls then it's possible those will need to be re-programmed to your vin. some features go thru the door switch so if the avalanche did not have those features it won't work on the LTZ until it's programmed.
Thanks for the feedback. How do I reprogram the window switches? Does thay have to be done by the dealer?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. How do I reprogram the window switches? Does thay have to be done by the dealer?
by a dealer or with a tech2 or similar 2-way programming tool, snap on, bosch, autel, etc, you will need to pay for the programming access if you do it yourself gm charges $40 for 2 years of programming per vehicle vin number

DJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue. Somewhere along the lines of previous owners, my driver door switch was replaced. I used a VCX Nano and a subscription to ACDelco Techline Connect to program it. Ended up being relatively easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01