Radio question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a radio out now that has dvd and Apple car play? Idc about cd play but dvd so my daughter can still enjoy the rear tv.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and I also suggest looking for one with WIRELESS CarPlay. You can leave your phone in your pocket and CarPlay starts up automatically when you start the engine.

OP
OP
08z71bgm

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and I also suggest looking for one with WIRELESS CarPlay. You can leave your phone in your pocket and CarPlay starts up automatically when you start the engine.
I always charge my phone in the car so wired would be preferred or I’ll have to add a Qi charging in either the arm rest or the console.

Contact Crutchfield...
thats a yes and x2 on crutchfield.com
I figured I’d ask here first before I call them because people have changed them and might have kept the dvd play back.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always charge my phone in the car so wired would be preferred or I’ll have to add a Qi charging in either the arm rest or the console.

I figured I’d ask here first before I call them because people have changed them and might have kept the dvd play back.
There’s a difference between just plugging in to charge or plugging in to use CarPlay. Plus a wireless charger is much easier. DVD is included in most all head units now and it’s easy to enable playback while driving if you want.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the idata maestro rr retains all your stuff rse, bose, onstar, steering wheel controls, tpms, etc, plus you get a obdii scanner & gauges that works thru the headunit, then you just need to pick a head unit both kenwood and pioneer make a wireless & wired headunit, with or without nav, with and without dvd.

OP
OP
08z71bgm

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the idata maestro rr retains all your stuff rse, bose, onstar, steering wheel controls, tpms, etc, plus you get a obdii scanner & gauges that works thru the headunit, then you just need to pick a head unit both kenwood and pioneer make a wireless & wired headunit, with or without nav, with and without dvd.
This is interesting. Gauges that read the values of the pid of whatever I want to monitor?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is interesting. Gauges that read the values of the pid of whatever I want to monitor?
yes there is a variety of gauges to select, you can't pick from everything you might be able to with a tech2 or something but they cover a bunch of them

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this video covers a smidge of it at the beginning, it won't do the hvac on these trucks as far as I know but it will do the other stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons