Radio Oddities

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pshrop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Denali with Bose & navigation and have always had this oddity where after starting the car, the radio doesn’t recognize the last radio station I was listening to was a preset station. It would stay on the last played station, but not highlight it in the list of stations across the bottom of the fav screen. If I pressed up on the steering wheel to scroll thru the stations, it would “advance” to the first station (i.e., preset #1) on the favorite screen, not the next one in sequence. If I press down, it would advance to the last (i.e., preset #6). I always thought it should recognize I am listening to, for example, #2 and pressing up would advance it to #3. It drives me crazy, but at least I know what’s happening

However, starting last Friday, the radio station that comes on every time I start my car is now preset #1. Even if I’m listening to #10 on fav screen #2 and fav screen #2 is still showing. Like before, pressing up will take me to #7 or pressing down takes me to #12. Of course it works normally thereafter - up/down scroll through the 12 presets as you would expect with 12 advancing to 1 and vice versa.

Anyone else experiencing (or have insight into) either issue? Old issue is that it doesn’t recognize the initial station as a preset. New issue is that the radio turns on preset #1 every time I start the car. What I find most bizarre is that the new issue seems to have happened without trigger. It seems as if this might be some sort of firmware update, but I haven’t taken my car in and am not even aware of there being firmware updates.

OP
OP
P

pshrop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really? No one experiencing either issue?

I talked to one of the technicians at a local dealership and they thought these issues were weird too. Said they don’t push out updates OTA and doesn’t know why either issue would happen.

The only other person I’ve talked to about this said he experiences the first issue, but doesn’t pay enough attention to know if the second is happening

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had another car that reversed the steering wheel controls for the radio after a time. The dealer re-programmed the module and a few years later it started happening again.

Funny gremlins with computers sometimes. A dealership won't fool with it but a radio shop might know more. The unless someone knows, the least expensive solution is a new radio/nav unit; besides doing nothing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz