Radar Detectors..............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Valentine one! Corvette & 2011 Tahoe ( Soon to be 2015 YUKON DENALI)

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent had one in a long time and flirting with the idea again. I used to have a Beltronics that was around $200 at Best Buy, it saved me everytime, because the time I had it, I never got a single speeding ticket, that thing always went off.... then I guess 2 brutal summers of 100* Heat eventually killed the unit...

I can remember on I-85, if a Trooper was parked at a speed trap, I could pick him up almost 2 miles down the road on certain straight-awway's

UPDATE -
I bought the Beltronics V10, good detector for $250, and definitely has come a long way with false alarms since my last Bel. Picked up a Trooper clocking people yesterday on the HWY from 4.5 miles back:

[YT]ZcVgIN1uG9U[/YT]

Last edited:

indigent

Reaction score
I wish i knew someone who had a nice unit, I've always been curious as to the distance that my radar will set them off...... The new Stalker brand radar units will pick up targets well out to a mile and a half. They acquire the speed quickly when you move them from standby to active mode.....

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish i knew someone who had a nice unit, I've always been curious as to the distance that my radar will set them off...... The new Stalker brand radar units will pick up targets well out to a mile and a half. They acquire the speed quickly when you move them from standby to active mode.....

I'm not going to spend $2000 on a radar detector. Most of the city Police use POP/Instant-on anyways and they are going to get a reading very quickly, quicker than slowing a 6,000 truck down. I was driving a 25mph zone recently and watched a cop stand beside his Tahoe/ point his gun at people and he was aiming and getting readings faster than you would be able to react/slow down.
If running from the Cops/speeding is that important then get a Laser Jammer, but depending on where you live, they arent always legal.
Illegal States:
Texas, Tennessee, California, South Carolina, Utah, Colorado, Virginia, Minnesota, Illinois, Oklahoma

My $250 is continuing to pay for itself

[yt]FCUXA7VlRO0[/yt]
[yt]Qv3-dFgQooA[/yt]

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Should probably invest in one. Other day was haulin Ass to shop no posted limit but was going probably 60 there was a lazy cop chillin Def saw me. I was close to shop so dipped in and left the hoe at the very back lol

617Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Valentine one over and over again, I feel naked driving without it's reassuring chirps and gurgles.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passport X50 has worked great for years! Saved my ass several times.
I am looking to get the Passport 9500ix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019