Radar detectors

Do radar detectors work/ Worth the money?

• YES

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • NO

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do you guys have radar detectors? Do you think they work and are worth it?

I got one for xmas and still have not decided to use it or sell it.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used one about 4 years ago and got a ticket because many of the police don't have the radar gun on at all times around here. Only when they see someone. I just learned to use my cruise and stop driving 70 in a 55 pretty quick. Before that incident it did save me from a few possible tickets though.

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used one about 4 years ago and got a ticket because many of the police don't have the radar gun on at all times around here. Only when they see someone. I just learned to use my cruise and stop driving 70 in a 55 pretty quick. Before that incident it did save me from a few possible tickets though.

I rarely speed, I just drive around like grandpa. But if I were to get one
http://www.amazon.com/K40-Concealed-All-Band-Detection-Technology/dp/B004YVVWZI
that would be it! Go big or go home lol

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOVE my Valentine 1 and running a Blend Mount. Power to the V1 is tapped into my rear view mirror. Most people don't even see it when they get in my truck. They always ask, "what's the beeping noise?" when I turn on my Tahoe because the V1 makes some beeping noises when it powers up. I'll take a pic in the morning.

Yes the V1 is expensive ($400), but one speeding ticket here in CA is over $400. So the V1 pays for itself. Probably saved me from 10+ tickets.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not worth the money IMO. I just dont speed. Completely different driving habits than when I was younger. No need to get anywhere faster than the speed limit. Also not worth risking my life to get anywhere faster.

ajaxnxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Valentine 1. I have had it since 2005
And works like a champ

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the V1 and have been warned about 10 different times that were possible ticket traps. I don't really speed much (5 to 7 over), but if you drive any US highways, you will see the speed drop from 70 to 60 to 50 to 40 to 35. Sometimes, on a long trip, these drops are easy to miss, so the V1 alerts me if cops are waiting and forces me to pay better attention.

The V1 usually gives me >1 mile of notice.

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been contemplating getting a V1 w/ the blend mount. It's by far the best looking one too. Has anyone ever gotten a ticket using a Valentine? If so, chime in!

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Nope. Don't have one. They are illegal to use in Virginia. You can be ticketed if caught using one. Also, tried out my sisters ****** many years ago on a trip from Colorado Springs, CO to Salt Lake City, UT. When passing through Parachute, CO I was pulled over and cited for speeding. Problem was, I wasn't speeding. I was in the right lane in a line of cars and my speedometer read 76. We were in a 75 zone. Cop wrote me for 86. The radar detector never warned me. I think I was pulled over because of my out of state tags and the spoiler on my car made me stick out (Chevy Cobalt SS with the big OEM spoiler). I did fight the ticket and win. I'm undecided if I'll get a detector when I move to Illinois in a few months.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk