Rack and Pinion Replacement questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekul56

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3l. I need to replace the Rack and Pinion. Trying to find replacements parts the won't break the bank is proving to be challenging. I have found a 2008 GMC Seirra 1500 Z71 that a guy is parting out and will sell me the Rack and Pinion for a reasonable price. My only issue is I am having a hard time figuring it if it will work on my Yukon. Has anyone used parts form a 1500 before or know if these two parts are interchangeable between the units?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should interchange fine.

But why put a used unit on it when you can get a reman from rock auto for $250? I installed this same one on my ‘07 last year and it’s been flawless for 10k miles now.

OP
OP
E

ekul56

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Should interchange fine.

But why put a used unit on it when you can get a reman from rock auto for $250? I installed this same one on my ‘07 last year and it’s been flawless for 10k miles now.

I am in Canada so with shipping the cheapest one I can get on Rockauto is about $550CAD, or I can by a used on off a guy in town for $200. Cash is tight right now but I want to get it up a running again as it was my daily.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in Canada so with shipping the cheapest one I can get on Rockauto is about $550CAD, or I can by a used on off a guy in town for $200. Cash is tight right now but I want to get it up a running again as it was my daily.
One thing I’ve noticed, is that the part numbers between the ones for the sierra and the ones for the Yukon are different depending on whether it’s for a crew cab or not. So you might want to make sure that the one you’re getting came from a crew cab pickup because those part numbers match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo