Question brakes and tires for wheels size 22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a buddy who is selling me a set of oem 22's for a steal.
61905632ffc235a0121ea68deef09cf5.jpg

But they don't have tires. So I just bought brand new michelins for the 17s when I bought the truck. So I need a good but not crazy expensive set of 22's.

Also since I have a 2004 Burban Z71. I was wondering what size brake rotors and calipers came on mine and are there any direct swaps from other vehicles that would help with the 22's? Was looking at big brake kits but 2000 for the front and the same for the rear is completely out of my league. I was hoping to find something at a pick and pull junk yard. Any help from everyone would be great.

04 green Z71 Suburban lightly modding it and eying all the tips on this site

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can swap in 07 tahoe front rotors and calipers, They`re 13 inch rotors and your stock ones are 12 inch. It`s a direct bolt on all you need is rotors calipers and most important you also need the 07 caliper brackets. I did the swap and at the same time replaced all the rotors with R-1 concepts E-line slotted and drilled ones and stainless braided lines and the difference is huge. The rear rotors are the same size so no need for special parts back there. I spent a bit over $500 for all the parts and installed them in a few hours.

t_ahan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got 305/40 22 Toyo Proxes ST2 tire over this summer ....they are good for the $115 per tire i got them for. but id rather have something better for more $...i had 2 sets of Yok. Prada Spec X same size in the past and they were much better all seasons but cost alil more.
for brakes i went with the 14in Baer set up and have no complaints, they have been trouble free since the day i installed them(6+years,30k+miles ago!) i cut them once...but its time for a new set of rotors cause i see small fractures starting to grow around the cross drilled holes.

in all honesty lately i have been thinking about down sizing to 20inch wheels to cut down on the massive rolling mass and even with factory auto ride i still clinch when i have to go over some over passes. ive bent and cracked the rims and i try not to ...to much wheel not enough tire side wall??? i guess

hope this helps
good luck, those wheels looks super fresh!!

OP
OP
B

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do look nice that's why I was thinking the stock 45 series tire doesn't look bad and will give more cushion. That's good to know about those Toyo tires I saw a set the other night and was thinking. But what did the Baer set of brakes run ya?

04 green Z71 Suburban lightly modding it and eying all the tips on this site

t_ahan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this time i am going to try the Eradispeed+2 rotors......i can fade out the one piece rotors pretty fast when i keep the tach up while beating on it in 3rd gear

its never a good feeling when u hit the brakes at 100mph and u feel ur pads floating on the rotors then it takes over a 1/2mile to come to a complete stop!!! maybe the 2 piece rotors will help dissipate the heat to prevent this

t_ahan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 2 piece rotors have a much better/stronger bite after HIGH speed heat cycles!! no complaints other than i would like to see more pad surface on the rotors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCUSA