Question bout hydroboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys. I got a 04 Tahoe with the hydroboost I did a power steering fluid flush a while back an it's been bugging me about the fluid reservoir. If you have the hydroboost and look inside your power steering fluid container there is a return line going from hydroboost to the power steering tank. You can see the opening for the line. Does anyone know if the fluid is supposed to be over that hole where u cant see it or is the fill level supposed to be right under it where you can see the hole. if anyone knows what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Camarochief

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
your p/s cap is the dipstick for properly checking p/s fluid level with engine off

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yea that's obvious. Not to be a smart ass But with fresh fluid its hard to see on a black dipstick. An dont take but a splash to submerge the return line hole an it still looks like it's in the correct area on the stick. And when u remove fluid to see the return line hole it still looks about the correct area also
So that's why I wanted to kno if anyone knew if its suppose to be under or over the hole

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So u get what I'm saying if u have hydroboost go out an look at yours and you'll see what I mean

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe its suppose to be under the line where the line is not submerged but I'm not 100

Cathnbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 06 Tahoe has hydro boost system. Driving it n breaks locked up once it sits it will release pedal is stiff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali