Question About Projector Headlights For '07 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jophus0124

jophus0124

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update 2

Looks good! Is it better then HID's in your stock housing?

Well since these have the cut off the light out-put is the same below the the cut off line but, with my originals the light went all over the place with these as you can see it just goes strait to where it should be i guess? If i make any sense.. I really like the way they look can't complain.. Sorry for bad pics but don't know why they came out this way... They don't do them any justice!!

Truck3.gif

CIMG0031.gif

CIMG0033.gif

Last edited:

kybball44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am interested in doing this as well. Can you tell me where you bought the headlights? Did you have to do any mods to the projector lenses to put in HID? Where did you get the fog housing and lights? Any other info you can provide is appreciated.

OP
OP
jophus0124

jophus0124

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am interested in doing this as well. Can you tell me where you bought the headlights? Did you have to do any mods to the projector lenses to put in HID? Where did you get the fog housing and lights? Any other info you can provide is appreciated.

Everything was bought off of eBay for under $350 all new, Don't know if i can post links here so if you wannna pm me i'll give you all links,

Yes you have to do a moddy on the projector metal housing but it's not too hard just file down some corners inside where you slide the H1 Halogen bulb cuz H1 HIDs are a bit thicker than opening, on a scale of 1 to 4 i'd say a 2 1/2, wish i would of taken pics (didn't think of it)

Things Bought:

1 pair of:
ANGEL EYE Projector Head Lights Lamp w/ LED (CHROME) also comes in (Black) $191.97 Shipped

1 pair of:
07-08 GMC Yukon/Denali XL Tahoe Stock Type FOG LIGHT Housings $107.96 Shipped

1 pair of
H1 HID Bulbs (already had Ballasts from H13s) $15.00 Shipped

1 Pair of:
68 SMD LED 5202 bulbs $30.00 Shipped

Total= 344.93

Maybe some people can find these cheaper, better brand or make but this is what i have and the set up looks and works great I.M.O, sure makes the Yukon front end look a little more aggressive i think... Hope this helps..

OP
OP
jophus0124

jophus0124

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Problem with Left HID flickering...

Well the problem persists, When my Yukon is running Halogen bulbs be either OEM H13 or AM H1 Left light never flickers but when I install or Plug & Play a set of HIDs the left always tends to start flickering about a day or two later, neither Fogs when I had HIDs in 'em nor the right side light ever flickered it's always the left hand side sitting in vehicle..oh and if I leave it like that the balast usually goes out in a couple of months or so this is my 3rd just that I hadn't remembered to ask, If anyone has had this experience, and I really didn't notice it that much in my stock housings cuz light went every where, but with these I can see it in the brightest part of the beam much more pronounced So I swapped balasts just to make sure and it still did it WTH! Is my truck messed up? I mean is the current or something to that sided making it flicker? Do I need to install something on that side to equalize current?? Any info will help thanks to all!

Last edited:

kybball44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Is it not possible to use the H13 Bi Xenon HID bulbs with these headlights? I thought that the Denali has the hi/low beam in 1 lense.

xander569

Reaction score
You should get some clear bulbs for the turn signals to get a cleaner look. There are bulbs that look clear but still light up amber (yellow)

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
That light output is so bad the manufacturer should be ashamed. :emotions122: You should at least get an oem hid projector and swap that crappy projector out so you can see.

Like this:
DSC05844.jpg
passengerfar1.jpg

Last edited:

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That light output is so bad the manufacturer should be ashamed. :emotions122: You should at least get an oem hid projector and swap that crappy projector out so you can see.

Like this:
DSC05844.jpg
passengerfar1.jpg

Wow very clean. What is the projector setup? (vehicle/projector type and brand)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msp2640