Question About Projector Headlights For '07 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jophus0124

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a question I just purchased some new OEM fog lamp replacements for my '07 Yukon SLT, cuz my old ones got toasted with the HIds.. While I was getting them I saw some cool looking Headlight replacements that have a Projector for Low and have a mod for a separate hi-Beam which I think it's awesome since GMC screwed up in making the headlight combining Driving,Low-Beam and Hi-Beams into one! I hated having my HIDs during day so i read in this forum on how to stop that by removing DRL and DRL2 fuses worked great... But now with these new headlights you get driving LEDs with mod and hi and low separate.. my question is how can i get a wire from a harness or fuse box that would make my driving LEDs turn on only when my truck is on?? that way the LEDs become driving lights.. Do i make sense.. since those LEDs turn on when you turn on corner lights.. Pics of headlights and wire connections on back to make highs and lows work separately..

Anyone know how to do this, or has done this??

2LHP-DEN07-TM-dashz-2.gif

07-Yukon-Denali-1-600x450.gif

07-Yukon-Denali-2-600x450.gif

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought those led's were the DRL's for those projector headlights. So ur saying that they only turn on when u put the signal on?

OP
OP
jophus0124

jophus0124

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No not signal, corner light or parking light, what ever you call the little
Light at the corner of the original light assembly, you see on the picture where I'm showing the back of it where the wires are? Well the sticker you remove on the far right that says "Remove" well
There's a wedge connector that looks like the connector end on the OEM signal bulb.. That connector goes to that plug, it runs the corner light and the LEDs... So what I'm asking is where in the fuse box under my hood or any where for that matter can I find a wire to tap into to make those LEDs light up when truck is running.. And turn off when truck is off.. What I mean is that instead of connecting the LEDs via plug to corner light where can I connect it to, to achieve what I want.. Thanks for responding

Last edited:

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have these and there probably is a way to attach splice a wire to the LEDs and then soder to somewhere in the fuse box that controls the DRL. But you'll have to put the DRL fuse back in and then when the DRLs are on your low beam will be on and the high beam will be on a little b/c of stupid design you pointed out of the all in 1 stock bulb.

OP
OP
jophus0124

jophus0124

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, finally had time to install the Projector Head Lights and new Fog Lamp Housings with 28 SMD LEDs since my old ones had melted with HIDs, Didn't have time to Mod the Headlamps to accommodate the H1 HIDs but will be getting next week off so hoping to be able to do the mod.. Also hoping to get better light out of those projectors they look like there off but actually there on with a Halo 55 watt Diamond White... What do you all think will i get better light output?

I'll try to put up some pics when I install HIDs...

Yukon073.gif

Yukon072.gif

Last edited:

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, finally had time to install the Projector Head Lights and new Fog Lamp Housings with 28 SMD LEDs since my old ones had melted with HIDs, Didn't have time to Mod the Headlamps to accommodate the H1 HIDs but will be getting next week off so hoping to be able to do the mod.. Also hoping to get better light out of those projectors they look like there off but actually there on with a Halo 55 watt Diamond White... What do you all think will i get better light output?

I'll try to put up some pics when I install HIDs...

Yukon073.gif

Yukon072.gif

those projector headlights look nice IMO. although I have read some downers reviews on them. they say that the light output sucks even when running with HID. so I dont know if there for me. I always wanted to retrofit my oem headlights but its just to expensive.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just about everywhere theres even a thread on here that someone bought them and removed then in a week. lets see if I can find the thread.

OP
OP
jophus0124

jophus0124

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update!!

The light out-put look allot better even in the daytime with the H1 HIDs installed now what a difference, will take some night pics of light coverage and how bright they are! Very satisfied.. I loved how they look but didn't like the light output with regular Halogens but I do NOW!!

Truck1.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackIrish