Question about parts to take off of a 03 Denali that's about to be junked. Good opportunity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qthor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Denali and have a buddy that's about to junk one because he has 2 so he told me to pay him and I can come take whatever I need off of it before he gets rid of it. But he has an 03. My question is what should I definitely take besides the list of parts that I already have. I do need to rebuild my transfer case so I was considering that. But aren't those cases not interchangeable from 03-04? Also my ac doesn't work in my truck and he said his did so what parts besides the compressor should I take off of his besides that? I don't know what's wrong with mine exactly but the last time I tried and tested it I believe my uncle said the compressor wasn't coming on when the switch was pressed so the clutch possibly was bad. I need a few interior parts and my water pump and radiator is leaking so I was considering taking those. Anything else I should definitely get? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the seats. If your motors and/or seat heaters aren't out, they will eventually go out. Cargo shade if he has one. Cluster, 4WD switch if it has one, interior light switch, steering wheel and steering wheel airbag components. Airbag sensors behind the bumper. Driver's side door switches. The reflectors/lights off all 4 doors. The power mirrors. Blower motor and blower motor resistor. All the fuses. Fog lights and projector headlights. That's all I can think of... Transmission if he lets you.

OP
OP
qthor

qthor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably the seats. If your motors and/or seat heaters aren't out, they will eventually go out. Cargo shade if he has one. Cluster, 4WD switch if it has one, interior light switch, steering wheel and steering wheel airbag components. Airbag sensors behind the bumper. Driver's side door switches. The reflectors/lights off all 4 doors. The power mirrors. Blower motor and blower motor resistor. All the fuses. Fog lights and projector headlights. That's all I can think of... Transmission if he lets you.
Appreciate it. More for the list. Bad part is it looks like I'm only gonna have 1 day to do it because it'll be gone on the 21st and work and fathers day will have me tied up

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are taking the radiator and AC compressor, might as well grab the condenser and accumulator and if you have the time, the heater core, evaporator... Can you just take the whole thing and stick on a shelf in your garage? LOL Spare parts are nice to have when you want to keep an old car going.

My uncle once bought 7 of those British MG parts cars and from all those cars he built 3. I tried doing the same thing years later but wound up putting the parts cars into running condition!

NardDog

Reaction score
Brake ABS control module, unless his brake light was always on. Gauge Cluster, vent and purge solenoids, MAF sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins

Latest posts