Pulsing at highway speeds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that I'm not the most mechanical guy around.

I was hoping y'all might have some ideas as to what is causing my 96 yukon to pulse at high speeds. Cruising steady at 70 mph/1700 rpms, my truck will intermitently jump about 300 rpms, then return back to normal. It does this off and on till I exit the highway.

Tonight, I got on the interstate, truck ran great, then I exited after about 30 minutes to get some food. Drive-thru, return to the interstate and get up to speed and the pulsing/rpm jump starts happening. Up until this point, everythig was doing just fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated before I take it to my mechanic

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd change the trans fluid and filter first and see if that is the problem. If that doesn't help, it kinda sounds like the torque converter is having some issues.

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd change the trans fluid and filter first and see if that is the problem. If that doesn't help, it kinda sounds like the torque converter is having some issues.

I second that. sounds like a tranny issue. check the fluid a lot of times it might just need to be topped off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts