Proper Reintroduction, my 1995 Tahoe and forth OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been posting on these forums for a few years now. Found a mint 1995 Tahoe Z71 back in November for an almost too good to be true price. Turns out it was the real deal. At the time it had 66k miles on it, one-owner, garaged for 23 years. My three previous Tahoes were 99s with the Vortec. I enjoy the simplicity of this TBI engine. Seems very easy to work on, reliable. I don't notice a huge MPG difference from the Vortec. This truck was obviously well taken care of. It is still on the original Bilstein shocks, many mechanical parts are also original. I'm impressed by how well the A/C works, original compressor, original alternator just crapped out last winter. So far I have replaced the front brakes, oil cooler lines, new grille, other minor cosmetic items. Last on my list is a new factory front bumper strip and parking lights (the housings are just cracked slightly), also some Westin running boards. It rides SO quietly, no rattles, no hesitation, pretty amazing. I don't think I'll ever not love these trucks. Glad I found one in such shape, it might be the last time I can. So, here she is after a detail the other day. Very impressed with the paint, it is original or it was a damn good repaint. Body shop I have dealt with tells me it seems 100% factory.

Tahoe Detailed.jpg Tahoe Detailed II.jpg Tahoe Detailed III.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Been posting on these forums for a few years now. Found a mint 1995 Tahoe Z71 back in November for an almost too good to be true price. Turns out it was the real deal. At the time it had 66k miles on it, one-owner, garaged for 23 years. My three previous Tahoes were 99s with the Vortec. I enjoy the simplicity of this TBI engine. Seems very easy to work on, reliable. I don't notice a huge MPG difference from the Vortec. This truck was obviously well taken care of. It is still on the original Bilstein shocks, many mechanical parts are also original. I'm impressed by how well the A/C works, original compressor, original alternator just crapped out last winter. So far I have replaced the front brakes, oil cooler lines, new grille, other minor cosmetic items. Last on my list is a new factory front bumper strip and parking lights (the housings are just cracked slightly), also some Westin running boards. It rides SO quietly, no rattles, no hesitation, pretty amazing. I don't think I'll ever not love these trucks. Glad I found one in such shape, it might be the last time I can. So, here she is after a detail the other day. Very impressed with the paint, it is original or it was a damn good repaint. Body shop I have dealt with tells me it seems 100% factory.

View attachment 202732 View attachment 202733 View attachment 202734
Nice, any interior shots?

OP
OP
D

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, any interior shots?

I will take some. It is the same color as the exterior. I don't think the back seats were ever sat in. There are no tears or holes in any of the fabric, no dash cracks, every single bulb works...even the radio ones that always burn out. Very impressive considering the age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods