Projectors in fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or know how to get projector lenses in the fogs? Do you have to retrofit some or do they sell them some where I cant find? Want to do Hid in the fogs to with the dual projector headlights for a ultimate death ray of light when I need it! lol:lazer::lazer::lazer::lazer::lazer::lazer:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
You'd have to retrofit some projectors into the fogs, I think. Not sure how well that would work on a Tahoe like yours, since it's a narrow fog. I'm working on a project for my Denali, but the fogs in there are much bigger and round, more friendly to a projector retro. Not sure how doable it is yet, though. I'm trying to create my own custom fit.

There are some projector fogs for sale for the Denali, although they frankly look pretty cheesy to me. They aren't a deep enough reflector bowl to be optimal, so I'm guessing they kind of suck, especially for the prices I've seen.

I wouldn't go HID all the way around, either. I'd leave yourself some fast-lighting high-beams. Get HIR bulbs, which are brighter then most standard halogen bulbs. Otherwise you have to wait for the ignition on the HID's which can leave you temporarily without very much light at all. If you do get HID's in all of them, make sure you do at least the 4-high mod so you can avoid the blackout period.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Nathan...thanks for that link. I've been looking around at various options for my fogs and have not seen these before. Those look nice, and if they are Hella they most likely are quality.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I'd recommend E46 single-xenon projectors, then. They are about as small as you can get in a quality projector.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
ebay has some that will fit ur hoe but i dont know what kinda of bubls they take. prob a h3 wich would suck. let me c if i can find them again.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

damm i cant find them now.
but u might be able to get this to work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02-CAMARO-LEFT-OE-PROJECTOR-FOG-LIGHT-LAMP-Z28-SS_W0QQitemZ380176344450QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item588446a582
5303.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nick rohr